Sunday, August 5, 2012

Like Daddy

Saturday, July 14th of this year was a pretty special day to me.  Not only was it the day that our baby girl was sealed to us, but it was the day that I got to be in a sealing room with my little family.  ALL my family (as far as I know).  For the first time I felt complete.  That moment was the exclamation point at the end of this long and wonderful adoption phase.
Yemma, you were absolutely beautiful.  Your dress fit perfectly and you were just so adorable.  You had a couple of hairpins that Mom made for you from the goofy hat that came with your dress.  you were an angel throughout the ceremony and gave a resounding AMEN at the conclusion that brought a chuckle from everyone in the room.
And my little men....SO handsome!  You were both quite aware of what was going on.  I hope you are able to retain some of that wonderful memory.  Caleb, you recognized my hat, and asked if you could have one too.  I explained that it was Daddy's special hat for the temple, and you seemed satisfied with that as a response and continued around the room greeting all of your favorite people.  Noah you are also becoming more friendly and seemed in your element that day, happy to soak up the love of your close family and friends.
The next week, while I was working at Idaho Technology, I got the following picture sent to me from your Mom.



Apparently, Mom caught my Calebooski trying to put on my white shirt and tie.  She couldn't resist, so she helped you get it all on.  As you can tell from the picture, you were quite pleased with yourself.  This would be a pretty good story all by itself, but you weren't done just looking like Daddy.  You then told Mom that you were going to go to the temple to be married "with a special hat".
I was impressed with your resolve and happy with the direction your 2 year old life was headed, but I also felt an increased weight.  I was reminded of how important my decision are and how you may try to be like me, for better AND for worse.  So now I will try to increase MY resolve, and shore up my weaknesses, and try to be a good example for you and your siblings.  I love you three so much!  Love, Daddydoo

1 comment: